Relief Team Member - Remote
- Work within a dynamic team, further your career, see your contribution truly count and change lives for the better
- Great salary package with NFP salary sacrifice options
- Travelling relief team member
The Arnhem Land Progress Aboriginal Corporation (ALPA), is owned by the Yolngu people of East Arnhem Land and governed by an Indigenous Board of Directors. From humble beginnings over 46 years ago, ALPA has grown to become the largest Aboriginal Corporation in Australia. We now have over 1,300 employees (over 80% of whom are Indigenous), and a 1.2 million square kilometre operational footprint.
Our mission is to operate successful and responsible businesses emphasising local employment, training, career pathways, customer service, and safety. We strive to improve the health, quality of life, and economic development of our members, giving primacy to their cultural heritage, dignity, and desire for opportunity and equality with their fellow Australians.
We are currently recruiting a dedicated CDP Site Manager to join our Community Development Program (CDP) Team. We are seeking a positive, committed professional who strongly identifies with our mission. Someone who will strive to achieve the best outcomes possible - supporting his/her Team to deliver meaningful tailored services to improve the quality of life of participants with the end goal being jobs for members of our ALPA community in Gapuwiyak.
About the role
The CDP Relief team member role is responsible for supporting the continued successful delivery of the ALPA CDP in Arnhem Land. The relief team member is ultimately able to undertake a variety of roles within the CDP team and provide high levels of support and leadership within the site teams. They will provide strategic and operational support to the CDP Manager and fellow team members.
Relief team members will be responsible for ensuring the smooth continued service delivery of CDP within the communities. They will be responsible for providing site coverage, as well as mentoring and train local team members.
They will work closely with the communities to identify what their goals and aspirations are and then support them to achieve those. Of key importance to success within this role is a commitment to the ongoing development of local Indigenous team members to lead ALPA's service delivery model and a willingness to trust in the skills, knowledge and understanding of local people to inform the priorities of the CDP program
The CDP Relief team will also provide operational and specialist support to our other ALPA divisions both within and external to the community.
Keys to your success:
- Experience in a similar role and/ or qualifications in human services, employment services, community welfare, social work or community development
- Understanding the barriers faced by staff and jobseekers in remote communities who may have complex needs and who are culturally and linguistically diverse
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams, ensuring quality standards of service are met, organisational guidelines and prescribed policy and procedures are followed
- Demonstrated ability to successfully maintain a robust WHS framework in a dynamic workplace and demonstrates a commitment to championing WHS procedures within CDP operations
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management skills to a variety of ongoing projects simultaneously to maximise efficiency and performance
- Excellent problem solving and risk mitigation skills, with substantial knowledge and experience with safety precautions and have the ability to work autonomously
What's on Offer:
- The opportunity to continue to build a rewarding career with opportunities for progression within ALPA, Australia's largest Aboriginal corporation, one that is fully self-funded and who's Board is 100% Yolngu
- The opportunity to travel through East Arnhem Land, work with the Yolngu people and deliver meaningful outcomes where most needed
- Excellent base salary (commensurate with skills & experience) | 11.5% super | 7 weeks annual leave | options for salary sacrificing
- Free accommodation while in community | utilities included | internet provided.
- Access to ALPA's Employee Assistance Program & more!
Are you our next CDP Relief Team Member?
To apply or find out more please email Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include a covering letter and an up-to-date resume.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
All applications will be treated confidentially.
Only those with the right to work in Australia will be considered.