The Arnhem Land Progress Aboriginal Corporation (ALPA), is owned by the Yolngu people of East Arnhem Land and governed by an Indigenous Board of Directors. From humble beginnings over 46 years ago, ALPA has grown to become the largest Aboriginal Corporation in Australia. We now have over 1,300 employees (over 80% of whom are Indigenous), and a 1.2 million square kilometre operational footprint.
Our mission is to operate successful and responsible businesses emphasising local employment, training, career pathways, customer service and safety. We strive to improve the health, quality of life, and economic development of our members, giving primacy to their cultural heritage, dignity, and desire for opportunity and equality with their fellow Australians.
We are currently recruiting a Remote Employment Consultant to join our Community Development Program (CDP) Team. We are seeking a positive, committed professional who strongly identifies with our mission, who will support CDP to improve the quality of life of participants and increased support for them to access services in the community.
About the role:
You are responsible for the management of all office and systems work pertaining to the CDP contract, this includes both operationally for ALPA and, also within the CDP Government system ECSN. This position also involves working closely with members of the community required to undertake CDP, to deliver a high quality of service and planning to support them to succeed and achieve their desired goals. You also act as a mentor to local staff members in the use of the system you will support them to deliver a high level of service to all participants.
Keys to your success will be:
- Experience in a similar role and/ or relevant qualifications in human services, employment services, community welfare, social work or community development
- Understanding of the barriers faced by jobseekers in remote communities who may have complex needs and who are culturally and linguistically diverse
- Strong interpersonal skills that help build successful outcomes in the provision of tailored service for individual participants to meet their specific needs
- Proven experience in stakeholder relationships and management as it relates to individual participants, their families, the broader community and associated community services
- High level communication skills including the provision of quality reports
- Demonstrated ability to successfully maintain a robust WHS framework in a dynamic workplace and demonstrates a commitment to championing WHS procedures within CDP operations
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management skills to a variety of ongoing projects simultaneously to maximise efficiency and performance
- Excellent problem-solving skills, have strong understanding and experience of risk mitigation practices and have the ability to work autonomously
What's on offer:
- Competitive base salary | 11.5% super | 7 weeks annual leave
- Fully furnished accommodation with rent and utilities paid
- Relocation allowance coupled with 2 return flights p.a. to Darwin for holidays
- Access to ALPA's Employee Assistance Program, training and development opportunities and attractive salary packaging incentives
Are you our next Employment Consultant?
Please note that these positions are located in the East Arnhem Land region, specifically in the community of Ramingining and Gunbalunya.
To apply or for more information, please email Recruitment at email@example.com
All applications will be treated confidentially.
Only those with the right to work in Australia will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.