The Arnhem Land Progress Aboriginal Corporation (ALPA) is owned by the Yolngu people of East Arnhem Land and governed by an Indigenous Board of Directors. From humble beginnings over 46 years ago, ALPA has grown to become the largest Aboriginal Corporation in Australia. We now have over 1,300 employees (over 80% of whom are Indigenous), and a 1.2 million square kilometre operational footprint.
Our mission is to operate successful and responsible businesses emphasising local employment, training, career pathways, customer service and safety. We strive to improve the health, quality of life, and economic development of our members, giving primacy to their cultural heritage, dignity, and desire for opportunity and equality with their fellow Australians.
ALPA are currently looking to fill a number of Activity Coordinator roles as part of the Community Development Program. This role will be responsible for the delivery of CDP activities and general site maintenance. The role is integral in the generation and running of meaningful and engaging activities participants are required to undertake as part of their mutual obligations. The Activity coordinator is a major component of CDP's engagement with the wider community undertaking regular consultation with the community leadership.
The ideal candidates will possess strong interpersonal and communication skills; possess effective time management skills and be able to readily engage all stakeholders including the ability to mentor and train local staff.
Reporting to the CDP Site Manager, the key responsibilities are, as follows:
- Supporting the supervisors to achieve success in their role
- Coordinating the use of allocated venues within the community
- Promote and facilitate recreational programs including but, not limited to community and cultural events
- Prepare and propose recreational programs;
- You must have previous experience in coordinating youth activities and community events involving vulnerable people
- Knowledge and hands on experience in maintaining general garden equipment and tools
What's on offer:
- Competitive base salary | 11.5% super | 7 weeks annual leave
- Fully furnished accommodation with rent and utilities paid
- Relocation allowance coupled with 2 return flights p.a. to Darwin for holidays
- Access to ALPA's Employee Assistance Program, training and development opportunities and attractive salary packaging incentives
If you have the above requirements coupled with a proven track record in running programs and would like the opportunity to live, work and contribute to meaningful outcomes in a remote Community, we encourage you to apply.
Please note that these positions are based in East Arnhem Land region, specifically, the community of Gunbalunya, Yirrkala and Ramingining.
To apply or request more information, please email Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated confidentially.
Only those with the right to work in Australia will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.